Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book Review- The economy and you

Do you like to be spoon-fed? I know I do sometimes and I'm sure you do to, you just don't want to admit it don't you? Well in a literary sense, that's what Charles Wheelan does in his book entitled naked economics. The title says it all; It's all that complex dirty mush of economics stripped down to the simplest form of language so that the common reader-like you and I- can fully understand and the best part is that it's quite entertaining because the author exerts his side of humor . He spoon feeds you fact after fact about the exciting world of economics but more specifically about the U.S. economy and how it works. The economy affects us all whether directly or indirectly so why not as well learn something useful about it.
Money money money. That is what really makes the world go round. But how? How does macroeconomics affects microeconomics which affects you, the average consumer? It's helpful to learn the basic concepts and basic transactions happening all around you all the time. And once you start working and going off to college, you'll be glad you understand the big idea of what type of loans should you get or what kinds of taxes are taken from your paycheck. Also, this book is a pro-American book so it views the American economy alongside with the American government in a positive light. Reading this book will keep you one step ahead of the game and you could actually use things that you've learn and apply it to real life situations.
Whether you like it or not, you're going to face a tough economic decision here and there down the road and you'll be like, "Why didn't I listen to Mike-o and just read naked economics?" But maybe you're better off not reading it, who knows cause all I'm saying is to give it a chance. It's all up to you but if you do have some spare time, take a quick peek at through this book. It'll rock your world knowing that reading this book isn't painful to bare and so easy to comprehend. It's like economics for dummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.